Finding Out About Your High School
Challenge: Go on the website for your new high school (see links below). What interesting information can you find out? Create a poster or a mindmap to present all your findings - what are you most looking forward to!?
Things you could find out -
- Where exactly is it - address, distance from your home, walking or bus routes to get there?
- How many people go to your school? How many people will be in year 7?
- What time does school start, finish, break times and lunchtimes? Can you create a timetable?
- What sports and before/after school clubs do they run? What are going to try out?
- What can you get for dinner - can you find a menu? How much does it cost?
- How do you pay for your dinner at high school?
- How do you apply for a bus pass?
- What trips do they go on in year 7?
- How does their sportsday work?
- What attendance rewards do they have?
- Do they have a house or team system?
- How do they reward and track good behaviour? What sanctions do they have for negative behaviours?
We would love to see any completed posters or mindmaps - please do email them to us! It would really help other going to your school if we could share your fab research online!