Welcome to our Governors' pages
Our governors are a key part of Greenhill. They are strategic leaders working in partnership with the headteacher and leadership team. Our governors provide oversight of the school's finances and hold our executive leaders to account. This information constitutes our Governance Statement, which is reviewed annually, in the Summer Term.
Governors' Vision for the school:
We are kind, we are confident, we are resilient, we are Greenhill!
To ensure that pupils and staff at Greenhill Primary School enjoy learning together in a safe and enriched educational environment, which will prepare each of our children to achieve their full potential and enjoy a happy, successful and fulfilled life.
Our main functions are to:
- Ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Help to ensure our policies and procedures are relevant and appropriately followed
- Oversee the financial performance of the school and make sure its money is well spent
- Hold the executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils
- Ensure the effective and efficient performance management of staff
The Governing Body comprises of:
The Governing Body includes two parents/carers, one member of staff, the Headteacher, one Local
Authority member and several co-opted members. Governor skills audits ensure that within the
membership of the Governing Body, there are all the relevant skills and expertise needed to ensure it carries out its key roles effectively.
The Full Governing Body meets four times a year. There are three subcommittees – Teaching and
Learning, Pupil Support and Resources – which each meet three times a year.
Details of our Governors and their individual responsibilities and interests can be seen here.