Equality Objectives Statement
Here at Greenhill we are committed to ensuring our whole school community has full equality whatever race, gender, disability, beliefs, sexual orientation, age or socio-economic background. To achieve this, our equality objectives are as follows:
- To promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experience, both in and beyond the school which challenge any discriminatory behaviour or prejudice
- To tackle prejudice and promote understanding in relation to people with disabilities and those of differing races, beliefs or religions, sexual orientation or gender
- To reduce the difference in attainment of boys and girls in reading, writing and maths throughout school
- To ensure that all pupils are given similar opportunities with regards to after-school clubs and activities
- To allow equal access to information for all parents
- To ensure the school environment is accessible as possible to all pupils, staff and visitors
- To ensure that all pupils have access to the full curriculum through appropriate and inclusive teaching
What are protected characteristics?
It is against the law to discriminate against someone because of:
• gender reassignment
• marriage and civil partnership
• pregnancy and maternity
• religion or belief
• sexual orientation
These are called protected characteristics.
This includes everything we teach, all resources we use,and the way we speak to children and adults.